Blogging 101, Day six: Write to Your Dream Reader: – Better late than never!
So who is my dream reader? Since this is all still new to me, I can’t say for sure who my dream reader would be. I have a few ideas though.
The “I agree with you” reader:
In the hope that I am not alone in my thoughts, I write to you that agree with me. You have the same vision that the world, our country, your town, our lives, the schools or whatever can be better. You would also agree with me that most of this is not heading in that direction. It’s not that it’s all doomsday stuff, just things are not quite right. Here is a list of things you would agree with:
- The government is getting more and more involved with our lives, and it needs to stop
- Zero tolerance is just plain stupid.
- When you are done with the shopping cart, you put it away!
- You know there are two sides to every story. You also ignore this and look for the truth.
- There’s way to much talk and even way less action.
- Common sense needs to be taught at every grade level. There should also be a test for this.
- You notice that people get upset at the most trivial things.
- You may ask the question, “Why is nobody pissed off about this?”
- You work hard for your money, and don’t want other people in your pockets.
Together we can explore these issues and find ways to do something about them. We would have to find ways to communicate our findings to my other group of dream readers.
The “i have no idea what you are talking about” reader:
We will probably never get along, yet I look for your thoughts. I want to know what makes you tick. I am also open to hear your ideas and find out why I may be wrong. What I write may confuse or anger you. You may think I am just ignorant or stupid. Good, let me know why! Let’s find out if there is a right and wrong. Maybe that strange “middle ground” I hear so much about. I would imagine these are some things that are involved with your inner workings.
- People cannot think for themselves, we need to do it for them.
- Zero tolerance, still too much tolerance.
- Why should I put away that shopping cart, that’s not my job.
- There are two sides to every story, however our manufactured side is the best.
- Common sense, it’s all wrong.
- Just because you work harder than some, doesn’t mean you should get paid more to do it. In fact work isn’t for everyone, yet they should still get paid fair.
I’m not gonna lie, we need to talk! I know we will both feel that we are right and the other wrong more often than not. Maybe we can come together on some of the above? Then again, probably not.
Continue the conversation
Getting to this point of the post I find that my dream reader would do one thing. Continue the conversation. Whatever the topic, I look forward to your thoughts. Here are some ways to share those thoughts with me. Comment here, my Google+ or Facebook pages. Have a news or personal story you would like me to share, please feel free to post it on one of those sites.
So dream reader, UmadYet?
Here’s something to get the conversation started today. Here is a YouTube video from Julie Borowski from 11/10/2013. It’s about the FDA ban on trans fats. Do we need the government making these kind of decisions or is it up to us to decide what’s OK to eat?